Sunday, October 1, 2017

Monster Fest

Now that I finally got around to posting about Fantasci, it's time for Monster Fest already! This year, I will be presenting a paper I once wrote about Ed Wood, titled "Your Stupid, Stupid Minds." It should be a lot of fun. I spent all last night watching Ed Wood films in preparation to refresh my memory on those films. The paper takes somewhat of a scholarly look at Ed Wood's life and career. It is very timely with transgender issues being all over the news these days. Ed Wood was not transgender, but he was sympathetic to their rights.

I come on right after Dillzilla is large main room. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. If you live in the Chesapeake, Virginia area feel free to come join us, not just to see me, but to see the whole spectacle of Monster Fest. Many horror hosts will be on hand, including Dr. Madblood, Mr. Lobo, and Karlos Borloff. Here's the link, and be sure to check out the schedule. Wish me luck.

Monster Fest

No comments:

Post a Comment