Friday, November 3, 2017

Writing group no more.

I guess no one stepped up to save the writing group. The lady who said she would step up to be the group leader said she didn't realize there was a $15 / month fee through Meet Up either, so she also declined to become its leader. I am now in the market for a new writer's group. I'd like to start my own, and may look into that come the new year. I still have a huge stack of papers to grade that will last me until the end of the year, so a lot of other projects are waiting right now. So what did I get out of the writer's group? Besides a few new Facebook friends, I did manage to latch onto a Beta reader for my current novel project. That is pretty important.

Meanwhile, I also took the GRE to get into a PhD program at Old Dominion University. I reached my goal for the verbal section, of just over the 70th percentile, but fell short of the required 50th percentile for the quantitative math section. However, I blew the writing section out of the water, and scored in the 90th percentile! Counting that writing score alone would get me into Harvard (I looked it up).

Meanwhile, I received another rejection for a short story in my e-mail this week. Such is the writer's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment